ISO 28000:2007 System Implementation
is a management system standard which has been developed specifically for logistics companies and organisations that manage supply chain operations. Published as a Publicly Available Specification by the International Standards Organisation in 2005, this was replaced in 2007 by the full standard, ISO 28000:2007.
ISO 28000:2007 is a management system specification for the protection of people, property, information and infrastructure; in companies and organisations participating in local, national and international supply chain operations.
ISO 28000:2007 is suitable for all sizes and types of organisations that are involved in the production of goods, manufacturing, services, storage or transportation at any stage of the products, development or movement in the supply chain.
Supply chain security is an essential requirement for companies involved in the international supply chain, especially those having to comply with stronger security demands from Customs and/or their business partners.
For organisations working within, or relying on, the logistics industry, certification to the ISO 28000:2007 supply chain management standard provides a valuable framework. It will help minimize the risk of security incidents and so help provide problem-free ‘just in time’ delivery of goods and supplies.
Benefits of ISO 28000:2007
- Adopting the ISO 28000 has broad strategic, organizational and operational benefits that are realized throughout supply chains and business practices.
Benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Integrated enterprise resilience;
- Systematized management practices
- Enhanced credibility and brand recognition
- Aligned terminology and conceptual usage
- Improved supply chain performance
- Benchmarking against internationally recognizable criteria
- Greater compliance processes
SYSTEM IMPLEMENTATION SERVICES